Get Informed: Stalking
WEAVE provides services to victims of stalking related to domestic violence, sexual assault, or sex trafficking.
Stalking is a course of behavior that is obsessive and harassing that causes the victim to fear for their safety and the safety of their friends or family members.
Facts about Stalking:
- 1 in 7 women and 1 in 18 men have been stalked. Stalking causes the target to fear she/he or someone close to her/him will be harmed or killed.
- 3 out of 4 stalking victims are stalked by someone they know
- 66% of female victims and 41% of male victims are stalked by a current or former intimate partner
- Stalkers often have dependent and/or controlling personalities
- Most, if not all, stalkers repeat this behavior with other partners
- Approximately 1 in 3 bisexual women and 1 in 6 heterosexual women experienced stalking in their lifetime.
For more info check out: Stalking Resource Center
What to do if you think you are being stalked.
- Document incidents of stalking
What can stalking look like?
There are many sign of stalking to be aware of.