Join Team WEAVE
WEAVE welcomes back volunteers!
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available.
- Indirect service opportunities include volunteering with our retail locations, philanthropic events, and community tabling opportunities. WEAVE 101 is required for most indirect service volunteer opportunities.
- Direct services opportunities include our 24/7 support line and Sexual Assault Response Team, residential programs and other WEAVE programs serving clients. Peer Counseling Training is required for direct services volunteers. Please contact us regarding different volunteer opportunities and the volunteer application process.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 916-319-4907.
WEAVE is excited to announce that we will be using POINT as our Volunteer Platform. We will be introducing the platform at our upcoming informational sessions, but you can download the POINT app today and set up your volunteer profile to have access to all our future volunteer opportunities.
Volunteer questions? Reach out to Joan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-319-4907.
Indirect Services: Short-term or single day opportunities to support WEAVE and our clients through events, outreach, and our neighborhood retail stores. Great options for larger or corporate volunteer groups. WEAVE 101 will be a requirement for some of these opportunities.
- WEAVE Retail Stores – sizing/colorizing, helping donors, etc.
- Philanthropic Events
- Prevention & Education Tabling/Outreach- table at community events, representing WEAVE and sharing information about our services
WEAVE 101: A comprehensive 1.5-hour training
required for all tabling/outreach positions and as assigned for
philanthropic and retail positions.
WEAVE 101: is provided by the Prevention & Education dept. and offered several times per year.
Direct Services: Programs for volunteers working directly with clients we serve. An interview, criminal background check, and successful completion of Peer Counselor Training is required to volunteer in direct services. Opportunities include:
- 24/7 Support Line
- Safehouse Playcare
- 24/7 Sexual Assault Response Team
- Safehouse General Assistance
- Counseling Intern – Master’s Level MFT and MSW
- Legal Dept. Assistance
Peer Counselor Training: (PCT): Required in CA for volunteers working with survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. (PCT) is a 69-hour comprehensive, culturally-responsive and trauma-informed training on sexual assault, domestic violence, sex trafficking, crisis intervention and WEAVE services. PCT is offered several times per year and completion is required prior to volunteering in direct services programs. A volunteer application, interview, clear background check is required prior to PCT enrollment.