Violence Response Team (VRT) Advocate
Full-Time Non-Exempt, Benefit Eligible
WEAVE’s mission is to promote safe and healthy relationships and support survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and sex trafficking. WEAVE’s vision is a community free of violence and abuse.
Position Summary: The Violence Response Team (VRT) Advocate provides emotional support, advocacy, and intervention services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking in City of Citrus Heights. Supportive services include but are not limited to providing case management, accompaniment, and advocacy/response services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking identified by the Citrus Heights Police Department and/or WEAVE.
Direct Client Services
- Assess clients’ situation and needs to determine if WEAVE services are appropriate
- Provide information about dynamics of domestic violence
- Provide sexual assault and domestic violence resources
- Provide crisis intervention and emotional support
- Accompany clients to law enforcement interactions such as interviews, follow-ups, pre-text, etc.
- Liaison between law enforcement and client when appropriate
- Follow-up with all victims referred by Citrus Heights Police Department personnel
- May accompany an officer and/or respond on domestic violence emergency and non-emergency calls when safe and secured.
- Provide advocacy, assessment, and case management services to individuals or families
- Utilize a Strengths Model case management approach to assist clients in obtaining self-identified goals, strengths, and strategies to overcome barriers
- Advocate on behalf of clients with outside agencies (housing, medical, social services, etc.)
- Connect clients to appropriate WEAVE services and provide a warm introduction
- Provide criminal and civil court accompaniment when possible
- Foster problem-solving, conflict resolution and non-violent interactive skills
- Advocate will primarily be embedded at the Citrus Heights Police Department
- Must be able to advise and work cooperatively with coworkers, partners, and service providers
- Must be comfortable working in a law enforcement environment
- Represent and fulfill WEAVE’s mission promote safe and healthy relationships and support survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and sex trafficking.
- Attend various meetings (unit, advocate, all staff and in-service) as required
- Complete accurately and in a timely manner all necessary data entry, forms, case records and statistical reports. Submits such documentation to the supervisor/manager within the designated timelines.
- Fulfill contract obligations and requirements
- Assist in the development of presentation/training curriculum when needed
- Assist when necessary in the implementation of outreach, education, or training facilitation
- Attend and actively contribute in regular supervisory and team/unit meetings, internal training sessions, conferences, seminars and independent study.
- Adhere to professional standards and initiate requests for assistance from Supervisor to
address new issues or complex concepts.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a social services or criminal justice field and/or one-year related experience
- Experience with crisis intervention, domestic and sexual violence, and child abuse/neglect intervention preferred
- Experience working directly with law enforcement preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with representatives from criminal justice and social service agencies, as well as volunteers
- Self-directed and self-motivated required
- Experience with Microsoft Office, (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and data entry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Regular attendance
- Consistent demonstration of positive, cooperative, self-motivated, and professional behavior
- Work with individuals with different areas of expertise, backgrounds, knowledge and skill sets
- Ability to be a team player and commit to working together to reach goals
- Complete WEAVE’s 69-hour training and certification program (post-hiring requirement)
- Provide copy of valid California driver license, have reliable transportation, and submit current proof of vehicle insurance
- Satisfactory results from DOJ background check and TB Test (post employment offer requirement)
Click here to apply: