Full-Time Non-Exempt, Benefit Eligible
WEAVE’s mission is to promote safe and healthy relationships and support survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and sex trafficking. WEAVE’s vision is a community free of violence and abuse.
Position Summary: At WEAVE we help our customers and clients look and feel their best. We raise money where 100% of our proceeds are used to support WEAVE’s mission to promote safe and healthy relationship’s and support survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence and sextrafficking. The store lead will be expected to lead the team in creating a hospitable environment for customers, clients and associates alike. The store lead is a role model for creating exceptional donor, client and customer experiences. Strong customer relations skills and effective use of volunteers are critical to all job duties. The ability to lead a team and run a team centric environment is essential. In addition, should also be able to work independently with self-motivation.
- Ensure maximum sales performance through proper stock rotation, display, signage, and inventory levels.
- Perform general retail clerk duties including cashiering, customer assistance and financial reporting
- Ensure that store meets or exceeds sales goals on a consistent basis.
- Ensure that store is presenting quality customer service in a timely and courteous manner to all shoppers, donors, and employees.
- Assist in effective store operations by opening or closing assigned store as scheduled.
- Assure that proper attention is given to retail floor appearance, cleanliness, and shopping environment including but not limited to: floor care, fitting room, cash register area, customer service areas, aisles, trash cans, lights, restrooms, glass showcases, window ledges and doors.
- Ensure that doors, odor control, cash registers, fire extinguishers, and restrooms are in proper working order.
- Assist in maintaining the appearance of building exterior and parking lot, including but not limited to: windows, doors, sidewalks, parking lot lights, dumpster area, landscape, shopping cart retrieval, store entry, and signage.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly store processing area, good housekeeping and work environment.
- Ensure store equipment is maintained in proper working order.
- Assist in facilitating proper processing and separation of incoming donations.
- Act as production lead, ensuring that production team members are properly trained, and goals are met or exceeded on a consistent basis.
- Process in-kind donations for the store that includes pricing
- Oversee donations from donors, provides receipts and sorts of incoming items
- Coordinate pick-up of donated items and disposal of unused donations
- Maintain documentation of donated goods and services
- Provide excellent stewardship and customer relations with all donors
- Ensure that store reports, personnel status changes and volunteer information are communicated accurately and in a timely manner.
- Effectively lead the assigned store to ensure proper adherence by store staff to policies and procedures.
- Perform general retail clerk duties including cashiering, customer assistance and financial reporting.
- Attend In-Service meetings, agency staff meetings, agency annual retreat, and other agency meetings as needed.
- Keep premises clean and free of safety hazards.
- Ensure that safety procedures are understood and followed by all staff and store employees.
- Ensure all asset protection matters are reported, investigated, and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper operation of store security including, but not limited to door locks, alarms, office door, bank deposits, refunds, safe, and incident reports.
- Ensure proper cash handling, enforcement of cash register procedures and submission of required reports.
- Other job duties as assigned
- Model professionalism, strong work ethic, integrity and respect for others creating an environment that upholds the mission of WEAVE
- Exceptional customer service and relationship-building behaviors to drive customer loyalty.
- Create a collaborative, team environment where all associates are held accountable and proud to uphold the same standards, policies and procedures.
- Communicate performance/disciplinary action when needed to the Director of Retail.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Ambitious and enthusiastic in creating an environment for both the store and team to succeed.
- Relate well with and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Maintain staffing schedule in accordance with annual budget
- Maintain records of volunteer hours and forward to the Volunteer Specialist monthly
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis.
- Driven to create, build and cultivate relationships with customers,
- Reinforces consistent Donation processing, Selling and service standards through coaching, training, and accountability.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, fiscal responsibility, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs.
- Manage conflict, lead and hold others accountable
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
- Passionate about the Mission of WEAVE and seeks organized, thoughtful ways to drive donations and customers to the store.
- 2-year degree or equivalent experience with strong sales experience preferred with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance standards.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to move about in a store including standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, using stairs, carrying, bending, stretching, twisting, or reaching out with the body, arms, or legs, pulling, and lifting objects up to 40 pounds. Sometimes these movements are made quickly and repeatedly.
- Ability to navigate computer/handheld systems with intermediate computer and keyboarding skills.
- Able to work cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
- Is customer/ team centric and understands the importance exceptional service contributes to growing store sales.
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Professional, assertive, and friendly with the ability to make decisions independently.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change.
ADA Job Characteristics:
WEAVE is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and respectful workplaces for all staff, including those with disabilities such as being in a wheelchair, Deaf or Hard of Hearing, blind or low vision or other access or functional needs.
WEAVE works to equip staff of all abilities with reasonable accommodations to perform their job functions. These can include the provision of adaptive equipment, materials in alternate formats, and flexible work schedules. Our priority is to provide ongoing, individualized accommodations to give all staff access to resources best suited to their needs. If you require an accommodation to access this job application, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually noisy.
Click here to apply: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/WEAVE.careers?ApplyToJob=386050832