Retail Associate (Fruitridge Location)
Part-time non-exempt - 15-20 hours per week
Summary: The retail associate is responsible for customer service to all customers, donors and clients in the store, including greeting, assisting and cashiering. Retail associates will assist with in-kind donations from our donors and should have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Greet every customer as they enter the store.
- Perform general retail duties including cashiering (as needed) and customer assistance including taking clothing to dressing room and offering suggestions
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy in cash handling all register transactions
- Ensure that work area is organized, clean and safe
- Pricing and sorting clothing donations as needed
In-kind Donation Coordination
- Process in-kind donations for the store
- Assist with donations from donors, provides receipts and sorts incoming items
- Maintain documentation of donated goods and services
- Provide excellent stewardship and customer relations with all donors
- Perform general retail clerk duties including cashiering, customer assistance
- Attend In-Service meetings, agency staff meetings, agency annual retreat, and other agency meetings as needed
- Other job duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous Retail experience preferred (1+ year).
- Knowledge of recycled clothing, and brands is preferred.
- Weekend and holiday availability required
- Regular Attendance
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software and the Microsoft Office Suite of products. Knowledge of basic office equipment should include: Internet and email, copy and fax machines and telephone.
Physical and Emotional Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The inability to cope with a stressful work environment does not constitute a protected disability.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and verbally communicate or hear/listen. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally climb a ladder to retrieve items from shelves, climb stairs, or use an elevator. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually noisy.
The salary range for this position starts at $15.50-$17 per hour depending on experience.
Click here to apply: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/WEAVE.careers?ApplyToJob=369245065