Residential Services Representative
FT Non-Exempt; benefit eligible
Position Summary: The Resident Services Representative is charged with creating and maintaining good customer service within his or her assigned managed properties. The position requires good judgment, energy, commitment, caring, self-discipline, knowledge of WEAVE resources, sensitivity to cultural diversity, and common sense.
Specifically, the Resident Services Representative performs duties relative to the monitoring and maintenance of WEAVE’s residential facilities; maintains a clean and organized environment in the communal areas at the facilities, and support overall residential program operation as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs continual informal inspections of the property to ensure that it is being properly maintained.
- Execute tasks related to cleaning and organizing spaces by sweeping, cleaning, and mopping communal areas at safehouse: kitchens, bathrooms, halls, office spaces, and conference room among others. In addition to the cleaning on stoves and refrigerators monthly basis.
- Assist advocates during client’s intake and exit from the program to prepare the rooms for the next client: cleaning, dusting, and bedding.
- Maintains congenial relationships with all residents, is understanding of and sensitive to cultural background, economic status, and those with special needs.
- Responds to tenant inquiries in a courteous manner; provides information; resolves complaints in a timely and efficient manner while covering staff at the rotunda, phone, and gate access when it is needed
- Responds to building emergencies such as fire, medical or other activities which require emergency, law enforcement or other agency response; informs Residential Manager and other appropriate management staff of all such activities.
- Coordinates routine and spontaneous maintenance and facilities needs such as pest control, PG&E services, client lock outs, emergency services, etc.
- Provided and perform picking, unloading and storing donation, office and cleaning supplies, and client belongings and keep storage areas organized.
- Provide transportation to clients when it is needed
- Position requires a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer service related position
- Understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence, sexual assault and/or human trafficking services preferred
- Demonstrate ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action
- Excellent communication , both written and verbal
- Excellent crisis intervention , problem -solving and conflict resolution skills
- Complete WEAVE’s 69-hour classroom peer counselor training (post-hiring requirement) Provide copy of valid California driver license, have reliable transportation , and submit current proof vehicle insurance
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
ADA Job Characteristics:
Work environment is primarily inside and outside a multi-suite office building and retail site with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations. Work 40 hours a week.. Lift and carry up to 50 pounds up to waist length, exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 25 to 50 of force frequently, and/or 10-20 pounds of force often, extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to floor, or to retrieve stored items. Stand frequently; use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to take notes. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to and with others. Apply normal reasoning, emotional control, integrity, objectivity, and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.