FT Non-Exempt; benefit eligible
The Philanthropy Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Philanthropy Department. Current duties include donation data entry and processing thank you letters; preparing and tracking check requests; reconciling department credit card statements; processing and archiving correspondence; performing regular database maintenance; preparing monthly reports for donations and marketing activities; and helping coordinate department in-kind donations. Breakdown of current position is below. Once COVID-19 reopening allows for more in-person engagement, additional tasks will be added to job, including but not limited to representing the agency at tabling events; supporting agency or community partner events including managing RSVPs, event registration, and day of duties as assigned. May require the ability to work evenings and weekends as scheduled. The position is considered essential to day to day operations at WEAVE and is currently a hybrid of in-office and work from home with WEAVE providing equipment to enable remote work.
Data Entry, Maintenance, and Donor Support – 75% of time
- Responsible for data entry, donor acknowledgement letters, and donor stewardship on a daily basis.
- Responsible for maintaining integrity of data by updating records, review of duplicate records, documenting mailing preferences and removal of records.
- Responsible for maintaining required paperwork and documentation for corporate matching gift programs.
- Responsible for participating in trainings specific to online databases used by the department and assisting with queries as requested.
- Responsible for scanning donation documentation and attaching it to the donor record and/or storing in appropriate file on department drive.
- Responsible for daily reconciliation of donations with Finance Department.
- Responsible for completing ACH transaction procedures on a monthly basis with Finance Department.
- Responsible for entering Direct Mail codes into DonorPerfect when mailings are sent out and updating contact reports.
- Responsible for accepting in-kind donations for department by coordinating donation schedule with Director of Philanthropy, accepting the donation for department, documenting on the in-kind form, sending a thank you letter, and contacting appropriate department in regards to donation.
- Occasionally pick-up donations from donors and deliver to appropriate location with WEAVE’s network.
Administrative Support – 15% of time
- Provide administrative support to Director of Philanthropy as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining receipts and completing monthly reconciliation of department credit card.
- Responsible for preparing and tracking of department check requests.
- Attend, participate in, and take meeting notes for department meetings.
- Attend and participate in staff and other agency meetings and committees.
- Responsible for accepting, organizing, and maintaining Children’s Library for department and according to donors’ wishes.
- Maintain accurate timesheets and other work-related documents.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Event Support – 10% of time
- Responsible for supporting all agency events including registrations, donations, peer to peer fundraising efforts, coding donations, and weekly reconciliation.
- Responsible for maintaining RSVPs for WEAVE events, virtual and in-person.
- Responsible for maintaining listing of donation details for event auctions.
- Expected to participate in agency events including stewardship events, fundraising events, etc. including evenings and weekends.
- Serves as department point of contact for WEAVE Winter Wonderland donations. including unloading donations from donor vehicles, providing tax receipts, etc.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Two year degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, or related field and one year experience in an administrative support role or three years administrative support experience.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of written communications, data entry, etc.
- Excellent computer skills and comfort in working with a variety of systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and detail oriented mentality
- Valid California Driver’s license, current auto insurance, reliable auto transportation, and satisfactory driving record.
- Hiring requirements include a criminal records background check clearance.
- Knowledge and demonstrated commitment to the WEAVE mission and values.
- Ability to attend and complete Peer Counseling Training (PCT) through WEAVE.
ADA Job Characteristics:
Work environment is primarily in a busy office setting. Local travel may be required in the set-up and/or attendance of offsite meetings. Continuously perform the following: Lift and carry 25 lbs., extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist; stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items; climb a ladder to retrieve items from shelves; climb stairs or use an elevator. Sit frequently and/or or stand when filing, copying, etc. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes; utilize desk calculator, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to others. Apply normal to above average reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties. Drive a vehicle and run errands as needed.
Click here to apply: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/WEAVE.careers?ApplyToJob=352500614