Full-Time/Part-Time Non-Exempt, Benefit Eligible For FT
This position will be on-site.
Job Type: Non-exempt, Full-Time or Part-Time (24-32 hrs/week)
Pay Ranges: $28/hour-$32/hour (DOE)
“No Agencies, Please”
Are you passionate about payroll and want to work in an organization that believes in and practices social justice? If the answer is yes, WEAVE wants to meet you!
We are looking for a dynamic Payroll Specialist to join our Human Resources team. Working from our office location, you will be responsible for managing all payroll activities and ensuring timely and accurate payment of employee wages as well as other human resources projects. An ideal candidate must have strong attention to detail, be reliable, and have a passion for people.
We offer competitive non-profit wages, 100% health insurance premium coverage for employees, dental and vision insurance, long-term disability, and life insurance, employer contributions towards retirement savings, liberal PTO accrual, 13 paid holidays, floating & birthday holiday, employee assistance program, extended sick leave, subscription to CALM app and a commitment to work/life balance.
At WEAVE, our mission is to promote safe and healthy relationships and support survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and sex trafficking. We envision a community free of violence and abuse.
WEAVE was founded in 1978 and is Sacramento’s primary provider of prevention and intervention services supporting domestic and sexual violence survivors. The organization offers 24/7 support and response, shelter, counseling, legal services, financial empowerment, and much more to some of the most vulnerable members of Sacramento’s communities. WEAVE has grown significantly in recent years, expanding services and capacity to meet community needs including diverse programs, substantial agency-owned facilities and equipment, and an organizational commitment to leading the way in service standards.
About the Role:
The Payroll Specialist will prepare and process semi-monthly payroll through the HRIS OnePoint System, ensure grant funding allocations on functional timesheets are accurate, assist your H.R. partners to ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and local legal requirements such as those regarding equal opportunity, drug-free workplace, child and spousal support reporting, nondiscrimination in employment, FLSA, funding contract requirements, etc. This position will provide support in the areas of, HRIS data entry, recruitment posting, reference verification, criminal background and DOJ clearance, inputting of personnel action form (hires, changes, terminations) and overall administrative assistance in the day-to-day department operations.
Work You Will Do:
- Process semi-monthly payroll for all exempt, non-exempt, and on-call employees accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review timesheets for accuracy and follows up as necessary
- Ensure accurate preparation and input of data to the payroll system
- Audit payroll taxes, workers comp code, and deductions for accuracy
- Verify and distribute year-end W-2s
- Assist with annual EEO reporting
- File and maintain payroll records and related employee information in a confidential manner
- Addressing issues and questions regarding payroll from employees
- Assist managers with the onboarding process for employees and volunteers
- Create and maintain personnel files for employees and volunteers
- Perform HRIS data entry recording new hires, salary changes, separations, and other related information
- Assist in job posting of internal and external job advertisements and interview schedules
- Assist with Monthly All-Staff Meeting Setup/presentation
- Other duties as assigned
Whom we are looking for:
- Two plus years of proven experience as a payroll specialist or payroll manager, preferably experience with grant funding, non-profit and multiple locations
- High school diploma or equivalent; BS/BA in business, accounting, or relevant field is a plus. PHR preferred
- Solid understanding of payroll best practices
- Good knowledge of wage and hour laws
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills and ability to work within strict deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and desire to be a team player
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software (preferably One Point, but experience with other provers is helpful) and databases
Diversity & Inclusion at WEAVE:
WEAVE is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and respectful workplaces for all staff, including those with disabilities such as being in a wheelchair, Deaf or Hard of Hearing, blind or low vision or other access or functional needs.
WEAVE works to equip staff of all abilities with reasonable accommodations to perform their job functions. These can include the provision of adaptive equipment, materials in alternate formats, and flexible work schedules. Our priority is to provide ongoing, individualized accommodations to give all staff access to resources best suited to their needs. If you require an accommodation to access this job application, please send a request to email@example.com
We embrace and encourage employees who identify as queer, trans, non-binary, people of color, disabled, parents, and immigrants. Those who are or have been impacted by systems and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression or gender-based violence are welcome to apply. WEAVE is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Click here to apply and see the full listing of the job description: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/WEAVE.careers?ApplyToJob=520227905