Full-Time Non-Exempt, Benefit Eligible
WEAVE’s mission is to promote safe and healthy relationships and support survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence and sex trafficking. WEAVE’s vision is a community free of violence and abuse.
Position Summary: The Intervention Advocate is responsible for providing Strengths Model case management, accompaniment, advocacy and services to clients accessing services through WEAVE. The Intervention Advocate coordinates regular Multi-Department Team (MDT) meetings to ensure collaboration and coordination among WEAVE programs and departments for supporting clients and providing high-quality services.
- Provide Strengths Model case management services to victims of domestic violence and their children.
- Conducts initial assessments and supports clients in development and implementation of goals and action plans.
- Maintains high visibility and availability at the WEAVE Midtown location and other sites.
- Collaborate closely with CPS, law enforcement, medical providers, school campuses, social services, and other community-based organizations.
- Provide emergency response services for Domestic Violence (DV) victims as needed at designated sites and provides back-up for Sexual Assault Responses (SART) as needed.
- Provide crisis intervention counseling, advocacy, information and referrals to individuals calling the agency’s 24-hour support line.
- Provide support and information to agency staff, as needed.
- Maintain accurate client records and statistics in a timely manner through ETO database.
- Maintain close communication with other programs/departments including Legal, Residential, Counseling, Prevention & Education (P&E), and Response Services programs.
- Assist clients in navigating health assessments, employment readiness, housing stabilization, emotional support and other needs as identified.
- Attend and participate in agency meetings, staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Complete WEAVE’s 68-hour training and keep current with continuing education.
- Represent and fulfill WEAVE’s mission to promote safe and healthy relationships and support. survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and sex trafficking.
- Develop positive working relationships with other local organizations and agencies.
- Maintain accurate and timely timesheets.
- Be familiar with legal, medical, housing, educational, and social service resources in the community.
- Respond to emails, phone calls and text messages in a timely manner
- Regular Attendance
- Other duties as assigned
ADA Job Characteristics:
Work environment is primarily in an office setting. Local travel (driving) is required meet with clients and partners and attend off-site meetings. Lift and carry up to 25 pounds up to waist length, extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items, climb on stools, steps and/or ladders to dust, sweep and/or mop to clean. Sit and/or stand frequently. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes, complete and file reports, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range and communicate clearly and concisely to and with others. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.
- Combination of education and experience to successfully fulfill the position.
- Maintain a working knowledge of effective prevention and intervention strategies to address domestic violence, sexual assault, and sex trafficking.
- Experience working with DV/SA victims
- Crisis intervention, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Provide copy of valid California driver license, have reliable transportation, and submit current proof of vehicle insurance
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Regular Attendance
WEAVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diverse communities to apply.
Click here to apply: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/WEAVE.careers?ApplyToJob=386053845