IDEA Initiatives Manager
Full-Time Exempt, Benefit Eligible
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Equity and Transformational Change, the IDEA Initiatives Manager will build and maintain trusted partnerships with underrepresented, marginalized, and vulnerable communities to engage them into services, partner on initiatives, create social change, and promote community wellness. This position will support WEAVE in identifying the highest need communities in Sacramento County to address underlying root causes of trauma and provide support and skills to mitigate trauma and build resiliency. The Manager will expand the community Ambassador program created as part of the South Sacramento Healthy Black Families Collaborative pilot project. Ambassadors are trusted community members with lived experience who assist with education, relationship building, and outreach. The Manager will supervise a team of advocates serving un/underserved African American communities, including North and South Sacramento. The Manager will provide key leadership to the iWEAVE program and will champion Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) strategies and initiatives for communities, team members, and WEAVE staff. The Manager will execute projects, design, and develop initiatives, meet grant and reporting deadlines, and create appropriate metrics to assess desired outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Member of Leadership Team
Leadership Team members share responsibility for monitoring and driving organization wide strategic priorities, success indicators, and objectives and implement and execute programs and practices which serve the mission of the organization and reflect the vision and values of WEAVE. In this role, individual Leadership Team members are expected to:
- Add value with superior expertise so that the Team can make timely, high-quality decisions that are in the best interest of WEAVE and the communities we serve
- Actively participate in creating and communicating the Leadership Team’s vision and ensure that communication flows freely, candidly, and transparently up and down and laterally
- Consistently exhibit a high standard of integrity and ethical behavior
- Set and achieve goals and provide constructive feedback and suggestions for improvement
- Select the best people for the organization, actively develop people, teams, and self, and inspire a high level of commitment and performance
- Create a culture of respect and belonging where diversity and inclusiveness are valued
- Communicate effectively and motivationally
- Search for and apply new ideas, lead innovation and positive change and encourage people to look for innovative ways to accomplish goals
- Understand organization wide policies and processes and ensure both are consistently implemented with programs
- Proactively foster a high-trust relationships within and between WEAVE’s teams and people, including seeking out and leveraging the strengths of colleagues.
- Represent WEAVE to all stakeholders, both internal and external, in a professional and respectful manner that reflects the values of the organization.
- In collaboration with the Director of Equity and Transformational Change, lead the creation and management of innovative strategic solutions and work closely with community and team members to help craft engagement strategies to deliver on grant and strategic goals and objectives.
- Build relationships, convene partners, and identify the needs of each neighborhood to co-create services and outreach opportunities.
- Oversee WEAVE’s efforts to expand culturally responsive services to reach un/underserved African American/Black survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, sex trafficking and community violence.
- Build a network of volunteer Community Ambassadors in target communities through the recruitment, training, and support of survivors with lived experience.
- Serve as a key member of the team implementing the Restraining Order Awareness Campaign targeting the African American and Latinx communities in Sacramento County.
- Provide guidance, coaching, supervision, and professional development opportunities and training to IDEA Department team members.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of grant reports, financial documents, and personnel documentation.
- Monitor effectiveness of programs and projects, provide feedback, and adjust as needed.
- Maintain on-going communication with Director of Equity and Transformational Change, on issues related to staff, clients, and programs.
- Target partnerships that will create innovative solutions for current unmet needs and challenges.
- Assist philanthropy department in engaging in community events, community giving opportunities, and identifying culturally specific gifts/donors/grants.
- Contribute to agency communication to reach underserved, unrepresented, and marginalized communities, and identify and uplift voices of those directly impacted through storytelling and authentic engagement.
- Evaluate and maintain relationships with external organizations and partners that align with WEAVE’s strategic DEIB goals.
- Represent WEAVE in the community at meetings and on multi-disciplinary teams, workgroups, boards, and commissions, as appropriate.
Staff Engagement & Support
- In collaboration with the Director of Equity and Transformational Change, implement WEAVE’s comprehensive agency-wide iWEAVE strategy, including serving on the Equity & Inclusion Workgroup, assisting in the planning and execution of foundation days, identifying, and recommending content for WEAVE’s Social Justice staff development requirement, and assisting with holding regular Social Justice spaces for staff.
- Provide staff training and professional development opportunities to IDEA Department staff and others.
- Rotating consult shift
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, racial equity, and restorative justice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proven dispute resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability be a creative and efficient problem solver
- Ability to balance diplomacy with pushing the envelope and speaking out, ensuring necessary topics are brought to the attention of the Executive Team and community partners.
- Flexibility and openness to ever changing responsibilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and integrate criticism
- Ability to train and teach others
Qualifications: Education, Training, and Job Knowledge Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in behavioral science field or related field preferred or three to five years of community engagement / development experience.
- Knowledge and experience of program support and community development.
- Experience with trauma informed, survivor centered, and culturally responsive approaches
- Peer counseling skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with community and partner agencies.
- Computer skills including word processing experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid California driver license, reliable transportation, and current vehicle insurance
- Satisfactory results from DOJ background check
- Regular attendance
- Completion of 69- hour Peer Counseling Training and maintaining continuing education requirements
- Participation in WEAVE Social Justice activities (8 hours /year)
ADA Job Characteristics:
ADA Job Characteristics:
WEAVE is committed to providing inclusive, accessible, and respectful workplaces for all staff, including those with disabilities such as being in a wheelchair, Deaf or Hard of Hearing, blind or low vision or other access or functional needs.
WEAVE works to equip staff of all abilities with reasonable accommodation to perform their job functions. These can include the provision of adaptive equipment, materials in alternate formats, and flexible work schedules. Our priority is to provide ongoing, individualized accommodation to give all staff access to resources best suited to their needs. If you require an accommodation to access this job application, please send a request to email@example.com
The work environment is a busy office setting in a two-story building with stairs and an elevator. May need to lift and carry 25 lbs., extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to retrieve items, climb stairs, or use an elevator. Employees may also need to remain in one position (i.e., sitting or standing) for an extended period of time while completing work tasks. Must be able to efficiently operate a keyboard and mouse or adaptive equivalent, take notes, utilize desk tools such as phones or calculators, and utilize larger office equipment such as printers and copy machines. Communicate clearly and concisely to others. Apply above average reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.
Pay Range : $64,480/yr. – $70, 928/yr. DOE
TO APPLY: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/WEAVE.careers?ApplyToJob=520248961