Full-Time, On-Site Non-Exempt, Benefit Eligible
Salary Range: $22.40-$26.34 (Non-Exempt) DOE, On-Site, Full-Time
Join our compassionate team at WEAVE, a dedicated and impactful organization specializing in supporting survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. Our mission is to promote safe and healthy relationships and support survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and sex trafficking. WEAVE’s vision is a community free of violence and abuse.
We are in the search for a go-getter Facilities Specialist to join our Operations team. The Facilities Specialist is a skilled, dedicated individual who plays a vital role in maintaining a safe, secure, and supportive environment for our clients and staff.
Facilities include three residential locations, a large business office and three retail thrift locations. Responsibilities include actively identifying facility needs, including proactive steps to maintain facilities, responding to and prioritizing maintenance and repairs at our facilities to ensure they are in excellent condition, assisting with delivering supplies and donations, and working with the Operations Team and other staff to contribute to the overall well-being of both clients and staff.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct routine maintenance tasks for agency facilities and fleet vehicles, including but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, general carpentry repairs, basic equipment/appliance maintenance and basic vehicle maintenance to ensure the safety and functionality of the agency’s facilities and equipment.
- Inspect and assess the condition of facilities, identifying areas that require attention or improvements. Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and systems to avoid unexpected breakdowns and disruptions to services.
- Respond promptly to maintenance requests and emergencies, addressing issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, keeping tools and equipment properly stored and in good working condition.
- Collaborate with staff to ensure maintenance activities do not disrupt clients’ daily routines in residential settings, always maintaining a respectful and compassionate approach, and staff routines or needs in an office or retail setting.
- Keep accurate records of maintenance tasks, repairs, and equipment servicing.
- Provide recommendations about the need for external contractors and vendors when specialized repairs or services are required.
- Assist with delivery of supplies or materials to various locations. Assist with office moves, furniture assembly, disposal of large items, resetting of residential units as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
M I N I M U M Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S
- High school diploma or equivalent; relevant technical certification or training is a plus.
- Proven experience in general maintenance, including knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and carpentry systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose maintenance issues accurately and efficiently.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a compassionate and empathetic approach.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of domestic violence survivors and a commitment to creating a safe and supportive environment.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact positively with staff and clients from various cultural or social backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Flexibility in responding to emergencies and maintenance requests outside of regular working hours, as needed.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and building codes.
- Physical ability to perform manual labor, including lifting heavy objects, climbing ladders, and working in various weather conditions.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of current auto insurance and reliable transportation.
- Successful pass of criminal background check.
- Successful completion of domestic violence and sexual assault peer counselor training (post-hire requirement.)
- Successful completion of Defensive Driving Training (post-hire requirement.)
Benefits: We offer a competitive salary, 100% health insurance premium coverage for employees, dental and vision insurance, long-term disability, and life insurance, employer contributions towards retirement savings, liberal PTO accrual, 13 paid holidays, floating holidays, employee assistance program, extended sick leave, subscription to CALM app, professional development opportunities, and a supportive work environment that values work-life integration.
How to Apply: If you are passionate about making a difference and possess the skills and qualifications outlined above, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume, a cover letter detailing your interest in the position, and your commitment, to our online application.
Join us in making a positive impact in the lives of survivors and working towards a world free from violence. Together, we can bring hope and healing to those in need.