Full-Time Non-Exempt, Benefit Eligible
Salary Ranges: $26-$30 per hour, depending on experience.
WEAVE’s mission is to promote safe and healthy relationships and support survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and sex trafficking. WEAVE’s vision is that when everyone acts, violence ends.
Under the general supervision of the Counseling Services Manager and CPO, Counseling, and Outreach, the Counselor/Therapist will provide crisis intervention, safety planning and therapeutic individual and group counseling services to children, youth and adults at selected WEAVE counseling sites. Clinical supervision is provided by WEAVE.
Direct Client Services
- Provide individual and group counseling for children/youth/adults
- Provide internal and external referrals and resources
- Maintain accurate, timely and complete client documentation, per agency guidelines
- Advocate for the concerns of clients with their support systems, schools, the legal system, social service agencies and other helping professionals
- Identify, assess and report cases of suspected child or adult abuse/neglect to Child Protective Services/Adult Protective Services
- Attend and participate in department and agency meetings and committees
- Attend and participate in individual and group clinical supervision
- Maintain and build relationships with community counseling partners
- Maintain timely and accurate timesheets, per agency guidelines
- Represent the counseling dept. and agency in peer counseling training, community speaking engagements and networking opportunities, as assigned
- Work collaboratively within dept. and the agency
- Other job duties as assigned
ADA Job Characteristics:
Work environment is primarily in an office setting. Local travel (driving) may be required to attend off-site meetings, as needed. Lift and carry 25 lbs., extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back or open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items, climb a ladder or stairs, or use an elevator. Sit frequently and/or stand when filing, using copier, etc. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes; utilize desk calculator, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to others. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.
- MSW/ASW, MFT/AMFT, or PCC/APCC with current BBS registration
- Minimum of two years counseling experience working with children, youth and adults of various ages and backgrounds
- Experience working with domestic violence and sexual assault preferred
- Experience working with unserved and underserved communities preferred
- Knowledge of trauma-informed and client centered therapeutic interventions
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to providing trauma-informed, client-centered, inclusive services
- Bilingual/bicultural individual preferred
- Complete WEAVE’s 69-hour peer counselor training certification program (post-hiring requirement)
- Provide copy of valid California driver license, have reliable transportation, and submit current proof of vehicle insurance
- Satisfactory results from DOJ background check (post employment offer requirement)
Click here to apply: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/WEAVE.careers?ApplyToJob=520241356