FT, Salaried - Exempt
WEAVE seeks a thoughtful listener who can transform the expertise of agency staff and share WEAVE’s work through a variety of communication channels. The Communications Manager will be expected to work collaboratively with program leaders to implement the agency’s internal and external communications strategies. The position will be responsible for ensuring consistent alignment with the agency brand and marketing guidelines in all communications channels including website, social media, email, print publications and media relations. Bilingual/bi-cultural professionals are encouraged to apply.
The Communications Manager is responsible for executing WEAVE’s internal and external communications strategy including marketing, branding, website maintenance, social media, media relations, and electronic and print agency publications. The Communications Manager works collaboratively with program leadership to ensure a consistent message regarding WEAVE’s vision, mission, philosophy and services. The position reports to the Chief Strategy and Sustainability Officer.
Marketing & Branding
- Responsible for consistently communicating agency mission, vision, values and services through all internal and external communications.
- Responsible for creation of agency materials including design consistent with brand guidelines, coordinating production, program leader approval, approval of proofs, and allocating costs to appropriate programs.
- Reviews documents created by employees, volunteers, and community partner event hosts for consistency with brand guidelines.
- Reviews proposals for advertising, sponsorships, etc. and makes recommendations to agency leaders.
- Responsible for preparing annual marketing and communications plans with clear deliverables and metrics.
- Responsible for analyzing key metrics to monitor progress towards marketing goals and reporting trends of interest or concern to leadership.
- Chairs all awareness month committees including recruitment, planning meetings, meeting minutes, and execution of awareness month plans.
- Assists with requesting and/or developing content for agency newsletters, donor stewardship reports, volunteer newsletters, staff communications.
- Ensures consistency with agency brand guidelines for all electronic and print communications
- Reviews social media and email efforts for WEAVE retail locations and provides input to retail employees to ensure compliance with brand guidelines, etc.
- Responsible for overseeing retail social media in the absence of assigned retail employee.
- Represents WEAVE at community events and through participation in professional networks.
- Responsible for updating of www.weaveinc.org and www.yourcleanslate.org based on employee updates.
- Oversees website quarterly review process to ensure accurateness of website.
- Works with website designer to address problems with functionality including being the point person for submitting help tickets and resolving concerns.
- Responsible for forwarding of message boards and other website based submission to appropriate staff person
- Responsible for aligning social media messaging to agency mission, vision, values, and priorities.
- Designs and schedules all social media posts for agency campaigns including awareness months, WEAVE events, and Community Partner Events.
- Responsible for tracking social media performance on all platforms and reporting progress monthly.
- Assists with coordination of agency spokespersons for media interviews.
- Prepares talking points, fact sheets, and similar materials as needed
- Prepares press releases and distributes to appropriate media sources.
- Designs press kits for agency initiatives
- Maintains comprehensive list of media contacts
- Responsible for tracking all earned media and reporting monthly
- Participates in monthly Program Manager meetings
- Responsible for developing budget projections for marketing and communications efforts as part of agency annual budgeting process.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- BA degree in marketing, communications or related field and a minimum of three years’ related experience.
- Outstanding computer skills include Microsoft Suite, graphic design software, and capacity to learn various online database/project management programs.
- Knowledge of various social media channels and ability to develop content tailored to different channels required.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Comfort with web-based content management systems.
- Excellent oral communications skills including large and small group presentations
- Ability to organize time effectively and work on a variety of projects in the same time frame.
- Proficiency with office machines, including computers, database systems, scanners
- High level of accuracy, organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain a cooperative, professional demeanor with clients, volunteers, staff and community members.
- Occasional lifting of boxes up to 25 lbs.
- Complete WEAVE’s peer counselor training program (post-hiring requirement).
- Valid California Driver’s license and reliable transportation, including vehicle insurance.
ADA Job Characteristics
Work environment is primarily in a busy office setting. Local travel may be required in the set-up/or attendance of off-site events. Continuously perform the following: Lift and carry 25 lbs., extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist; stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items; climb a ladder to retrieve items from shelves; climb stairs or use an elevator. Sit frequently and/or or stand when filing, copying, etc. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes; utilize desk calculator, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to others. Apply normal to above average reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties. Drive a vehicle and run errands as needed.
WEAVE makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. All employment actions are based solely on an individual’s qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, cancer-related medical condition, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, ancestry citizenship, or marital status.
WEAVE welcomes diverse communities to apply.