On-Call SART Advocate
WEAVE’s mission is to promote safe and healthy relationships and support survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence and sex trafficking. WEAVE’s vision is a community free of violence and abuse
The Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) Advocate, under the direct supervision of the Intervention Services Manager, provides crisis intervention, advocacy, information and referral, and follow-up services to victims of sexual assault.
- Provide accompaniment to the BEAR Clinic for sexual assault victims seeking medical treatment and/or receiving a medical evidentiary exam.
- Provide accompaniment to law enforcement, District Attorney or school interviews for victims whom request it.
- Provide crisis intervention counseling, emotional support and information and referral to sexual assault victims and their significant others at the clinic.
- Advocate on behalf of the sexual assault victim, when requested by the victim to do so, with the victim¢s significant others, law enforcement and clinic staff.
- Maintain accurate and detailed client intake record and submits to SART Lead Advocate for follow-up services.
- Contact Support & Information Line when accompaniment is completed.
- Contact Consult with any pertinent information to ensure survivor centered care during follow-up.
- Communicate with WEAVE’s SART Lead, as needed, for support and supervision.
- Represent and fulfill WEAVE’s mission to build a community that does not tolerate sexual assault, domestic violence and sex trafficking and provides survivors with the support they need to be safe and thrive.
- Attends quarterly on-call advocate meetings.
- Expected to sign up for available shift commitments of a minimum of 48 hours a month.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience in social service field is preferred.
- Successful Completion of WEAVE’s peer counselor training as well as the additional SART training.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to maintain high level of confidentiality with sensitivity to client needs.
- Able to respond to BEAR Clinic within established timeframe.
- Provide two-week advance notice to the SART Lead if unable to work a scheduled shift.
- Maintain certification
- Provide copy of valid California driver license, have reliable transportation, and submit current proof of auto insurance.
The starting pay is at $20 per hour plus flat rate stipend.
WEAVE is an EOE and welcomes diverse communities to apply.