Bilingual Spanish Counselor/Therapist
Under the general supervision of the Counseling Services Manager and Chief Program Officer, Counseling & Outreach, the Bilingual Counselor will provide direct services to Spanish- and English-speaking adults and/or children at selected WEAVE counseling sites, based on counseling needs.
Direct Client Services
- Provide short- and long-term individual and group counseling for adults/children/youth
- Provide crisis intervention, intakes and counseling
- Maintain accurate, timely and complete client files
- Identify, assess and report cases of suspected child or elder abuse/neglect to Child/Adult Protective Services
- Advocate on behalf of clients
- Attend and participate in department and agency meetings, as assigned
- Attend and participate in weekly clinical supervision
- Maintain accurate timesheets and other work-related documents
- Represent the agency in community speaking engagements and outreach opportunities, as assigned
- Other job duties as assigned
ADA Job Characteristics:
Work environment is primarily in an office setting. Local travel (driving) may be required to attend off-site meetings, as needed. Lift and carry 25 lbs., extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back or open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items, climb a ladder or stairs, or use an elevator. Sit frequently and/or stand when filing, using copier, etc. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes; utilize desk calculator, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to others. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.
- MSW, MFT or PCC with BBS registration
- Previous counseling experience required
- Oral and written fluency in English and Spanish required
- Experience working with survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault preferred
- Active participation in weekly individual and/or group clinical supervision (provided)
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Complete WEAVE’s 69-hour classroom training and counselor certification program (post-hiring requirement)
- Provide copy of valid California driver license, have reliable transportation, and submit current proof of vehicle insurance
- Satisfactory results from DOJ background check and TB Test (post employment offer requirement)
Ideal candidates will:
- have established competency using Electronic Health Records, Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint) and other online tools.
- respond to department tasks and needs and cover those responsibilities as they arise.
- have thorough knowledge of laws and ethics of clinical practice and professional boundaries.
- have experience collaborating and building relationships with community partners.
- be bicultural or have experience working with diverse populations.
Click here to apply: