Domestic Violence ACTION Month
Ready. Set. Act.
Are you ready to act to end violence? Here are ideas to spark action and kick off Domestic Violence ACTION Month.
World Premiere of KIM: WEAVE premiered the award winning short documentary, KIM on October 7. The recipient of a dozen leading film festival awards and nominations, KIM is an eight-minute documentary that tells the personal story of Kimberly Dawn Landle, a classically trained ballerina who used dance to find a safe space while overcoming domestic violence. You can take action by watching Kim throughout the month of October.
Domestic Violence ACTION Month Toolkit
Ways YOU Can Take ACTION – Week 1
- Share information about WEAVE on your social media pages. Don’t forget to tag @WEAVEInc.
- View the screening of Kim on October 7 at Noon.
- Make a donation to WEAVE’s 24/7 lifesaving services.
- Help our Safehouse families celebrating Halloween by donating treats or children’s costumes.
- Learn more about the six types of abuse.
Ways YOU Can Take ACTION – Week 2
- Share posts about the Types of Domestic Violence from the DVAM Toolkit. Don’t forget to tag us at @WEAVEInc and use the hashtags #Act4WEAVE #Acts4WEAVE #WhenEveryoneActsViolenceEnds
- Update your social media headers – templates available in DVAM Toolkit
- Schedule a training for your workplace, civic club, or faith community.
- Tell us how you are taking action by leaving a comment on the I Acted page.
Domestic Violence ACTION Month Sponsors
Western Health Advantage
Carter & West PC
Matt and Leslie Jacobs
Arlen Orchard and Paul Kreutz