Western Health Advantage presents Walk a Mile in Her Shoes 2013
The high-heeled hijinks will return on May 4, 2013. Check back to this page for the most up to date information and details.
To register for Walk a Mile in Her Shoes or donate to a walker click here.
When you register, you will have the opportunity to set up your fundraising page and create your team. If you require any assistance with the registration process, please contact Julie Bornhoeft at email@example.com.
If you want to mail a check in support of a walker or a team, click here for the downloadable form.
Shoe Pick Up: If you are walking on a sponsor team, your shoes will be delivered to the Team Captain the week of the event. Walkers on non-sponsor teams and individual registrants can pick up their shoes at the following times:
Location: 1900 K Street, Sacramento, CA 95811
Dates & Times
Saturday, April 27: 2 – 6 pm
Tuesday, April 30: 2 – 7 pm
Wednesday, May 1: 3 – 7 pm
Friday, May 3: 3 – 6 pm
Date: Saturday, May 4, 2013
Location: Enter the festival at Capitol Mall & 6th. Note the event is on Capitol Mall between 5th & 7th – NOT at the Capital Building.
The Course: The one mile course is on Capitol Mall between 3rd and 7th. The course begins on the south side of Capitol Mall at 6th. Walkers will complete 1 1/2 laps between with the finish line ending at the north side of Capitol Mall at 6th Street. Spectators can watch from the medians between 3rd and 7th. Traffic controls are in effect from 10:30 to 11:45 am to allow guests access to the full course.
9:00 am– Donation Station, Shoe Pick Up and Registration opens (day of registrations limited)
9:30 am– Festival begins
10:00 am– Cut off for donations to be counted towards fundraising competition
10:00 am– Contests with fabulous prizes for best legs, best team theme, and more.
10:30 am– Elite heat for men crazy enough to run the mile
10:40 am– Walk begins for the sane men walking the mile
11:30 am– Walk concludes
2:00 pm– Festival Closes
Parking: Ample public parking is available near the event. Traffic controls will be in effect for 6th and will impact access to garage entrances on 6th.
Food & Beverages:Registration includes access to the event festival including wine/beer garden and bars. Walkers will be required to show photo ID to obtain an “over 21” wristband which is required to consume alcohol. Bring your ID - no exceptions can be made.
Guests of walkers can purchase a wristband for $10 at the event with proof of ID. Those who do not wish to consume alcohol or who are under 21 years of age will be issued an “under 21” wristband at no cost.
Food trucks will be at the event with foodfor purchase. Guests
are also welcome to bring a picnic if they wish.No outside
We know how competitive our Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® men are. We have had questions about which donations will count towards the totals and cut off times for donations. Here are the rules:
- Fundraising status will be based on funds raised and verified matching gifts. The amount showing on the fundraising pages in the final 48 hours may not reflect actual totals.
- Donations received online as of 10 am on May 4 will be counted.
- We will have a Donation Station at the event to collect contributions but cannot guarantee how long the lines may be. We encourage any walkers/teams with donations to submit these to WEAVE by May 3.
- Donations may be turned into WEAVE between 9 am & 6 pm through May 3.
- Donations received at the event by 10 am will be counted towards totals.
- Donors should submit the donation with a Walk a Mile Donation Form to ensure the walker is credited and write the name of the walker on the check.
- Donations not designated to a walker will be considered a “general donation”.
- Corporate matching gifts will be accepted through 6 pm on May 3 with the following conditions: 1) Donation has been received (no pledges) and 2) Corporate paperwork for the matching gift has been submitted (email is acceptable).
- Businesses matching a portion of the total team funds raised must be documented in writing (i.e. email or letter from authorized representative indicating the amount of the matching gift, any restrictions, and expected payment date) by 6 pm on May 3 to be counted towards total.
Sponsorships: Sponsorships remain available with day of benefits. All sponsorship packages can be customized to meet your marketing needs. For more information, contact Julie Bornhoeft at 916.319.4911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best Foot Forward Sponsors: Sterling Dalatri, Sierra Health Foundation & DLA Piper
Step by Step Sponsors: Abrams & Associates, Bank of America, Carter West, Hoppy Brewing, InterWest Insurance Services, SureWest Foundation, Wells Fargo, & Wraith, Scarlett & Randolph
Stepping Up Sponsors: Bank of the West, Goyette & Associates, Jones Lang & LaSalle, Law Office of David A. Asch, Midtown Financial, Murphy Austin Adams Schoenfeld LLP, & Ray Morgan Company