The Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) of Sacramento County was formed in 1989. It is a victim-sensitive program designed to provide a team approach to responding to sexual assaults in our community. Teamwork, cooperation, communication, and flexibility are essential for the success of the Sexual Assault Response Team. The SART approach helps to reduce trauma, increase support, and have consistent evidence collection.
Local law enforcement contacts WEAVE's 24-Hour Support and Information Line when a sexual assault is reported in Sacramento County. WEAVE SART Advocates are called to meet survivors at Sutter Memorial to provide advocacy during evidentiary exams.
SART Advocates provide the following support to sexual assault survivors:
- Accompaniment (medical, law enforcement, district attorney interviews)
- Advocacy (information on rights and options)
- Crisis Intervention (emotional support)
- Resources (sweats, stuffed animal, snacks)
- Referrals (shelter, social services)
- Follow-up Services (phone support, counseling)
The following local agencies are Sacramento County’s SART members:
- Sacramento Police and Sheriff's Departments
- other local Law Enforcement agencies
- SAFE and CARE Teams at UCDMC
- Bear Team at Sutter Memorial Hospital
- Sacramento District Attorney's Office
- Victim Witness Program
For a list of donation items needed for SART click here.